About Credentialing and Consulting Services
Training Resources Maritime Institute, TRLMI, offers one-on-one credential & consulting services. Our services are for both professional mariner’s renewing or upgrading their credentials and new mariner’s learning to navigate the credentialing process. We can provide guidance on requirements and review your documents to make sure your information is in compliance with the United States Coast Guard (USCG) National Maritime Center (NMC) applicable regulations and policies.
Speak with a Student Services member at: 619-263-1638, or email: email@example.com
For credential application packets, license checklists, and USCG forms visit our website: www.TRLMI.com – Credentialing Tab – Forms & Checklists. Note that all information for license requirements and how to submit your application is available on the NMC website at: https://www.dco.uscg.mil/national_maritime_center/.
I contacted your organization by mistake, all the way from the Florida Keys, thinking you were a division of the Coast Guard, with questions about logging my sea time to renew my Master License.
I was routed to Leah, in credentialing, and I just had to write in to acknowledge her personality, professionalism, knowledge, and outstanding service. What an amazing asset you have on your team. She answered all of my questions and WAY over-delivered on value, making sure I had answers to questions I didn't even know I should have. She made me feel like I was one of your students and family.
It's the only time I have ever had (and probably will ever have) the thought, "I wish I lived in CA," just so I could do business with you.
Thank You, Leah! Your employers should be so proud and grateful to have you. - Jason S Moore
Effective September 1, 2021
Credential Services Includes: $250*
TRLMI Credential Services is designed to help with submitting USCG license application for:
Original, Renewal, Upgrade, and Reinstating Licenses, Submission of STCW Endorsements, Military Sea Service Evaluations, Requesting Approval to Test
- One-on-one assistance via phone, email, or in-person appointment
- Advising on license requirements
- Assistance with completing the application form and making Coast Guard fee payment
- Includes 3rd party representation with the Coast Guard
- Documents reviewed and revised for compliance
- Documents scanned and compiled for submission
- Documents submitted via email to a Coast Guard Regional Exam Center
- Staff will help monitor your application through processing at the Coast Guard/NMC
- Staff will follow up with the Coast Guard if additional information is needed
- Extended Services or Advising $100 per hr
- Original Applications with Military Sea Service Vetting & Submission for Evaluation $350 - $500
- Other Credential Services:
- Medical - Submitting Medical Application only $50
- Continuity - Freezing your National Endorsement Only $100
- Duplicate - Requesting a Replacement for a Lost or Stolen License $100
- Tonnage Upgrade - Only for Master or Mate 100TN and below $150
- STCW – Adding an Individual STCW Endorsement to License $150
- Renewal – Only for Master or Mate 200TN & Below with DECK Renewal Course $200
- Project Management $500 – For Mariner’s with a positive drug test or active conviction, such as a recent DUI, wishing to provide “Evidence of Suitability” to the Coast Guard to be considered for an original or renewal license.
- (Medical Exams and Drug Tests):
TRLMI is offering discounted rates for the USCG-required Medical Exam and Drug Test in the San Diego area. To receive the discount Mariner’s per-pay with TRLMI and receive a voucher to present at the time of service. Discounts are only valid for services provided at Shelter Island Medical Group, Point Loma, CA location.
- Medical Exam and Drug Test (San Diego Area Only Includes $10 discount*) $160
- Medical Exam Only (San Diego Area Only Includes $5 discount*) $95
- Drug Test Only (San Diego Area Only Includes $5 discount*) $65
* TRLMI current fees are effective September 1, 2021, and are subject to change. Clients will be consulted if additional services and fees are needed. Service fees do not include any USCG application-related fees.