Website PROPSF, LLC
Independent Ferry Service Provider
PROP – Seeking Deckhands
At PROP, we are reimagining the what it means to travel around the San Francisco Bay Area. PROP’s mission is to reduce the use of single-occupancy vehicles and improve the lives of Bay Area residents. PROP is achieving this goal by establishing a flexible and scalable private ferry service network that can operate throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. Our fleet of new and innovative vessels, which are strategically engineered to facilitate broader service areas, gives PROP the unique ability to establish new routes and serve previously unreachable destinations. With minimal draft and docking requirements, PROP vessels can access marinas and piers that existing ferries cannot serve.
PROP is seeking experienced individuals to serve as Deckhands on our High-Speed Private Ferries.
Deckhand positions can lead to Captain (1600ton license) positions. We are looking for mariners who can work well in small teams with limited supervision. We pride ourselves on our devotion to safety, professionalism, and team cohesion. Come and join us.
• Demonstrated experience working on boats, preferably on San Francisco Bay.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, exposed to the weather, and on the waters of San Francisco Bay.
• Strong customer service skills and ability to clearly communicate with team and customers.
• Understanding of safety and communications procedures.
• Deckhands must also demonstrate proficiency in line handling, deck general knowledge, and shipboard emergency response.
• Monitors safety of all crew and passengers.
• Must participate actively in drills, checklists, vessel inspections, engine room preventative maintenance, housekeeping, passenger and customer relations.
• Projects professionalism and courtesy to our guests and coworkers..
• Experience operating or crewing on commercial vessels
• Basic seamanship knowledge
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen (federal) and participate in random drug testing as per US Coast Guard standards
• Ability to diagnose engine room and vessel problems with service manuals and limited instruction
Alex Kryska, COO, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com