Website Marine Spill Response Corp.
Marine Spill Response Corporation is a not-for-profit, U.S. Coast Guard Classified Oil Spill Removal Organization. MSRC was formed in 1990 to offer oil spill response services and mitigate damage to the environment. MSRC offers a full range of oil spill response capabilities intended to help meet the planning criteria of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990.
MSRC is offering an excellent career opportunity for a Chief Engineer with the leader in the oil spill response industry. Working a Monday-Friday 0700-1530 schedule, the Chief Engineer will be responsible for the safe operations and maintenance of the machinery department as well as preventative maintenance.
- The ability to commute daily, and report back to the vessel within 2 hours to comply with MSRC’s emergency response mission.
- Current USCG license, Chief Engineer Minimum Limitations 4000HP and 500T
- Valid USCG STCW endorsements of OICEW / RFPEW (III/1, III/2 or III/3, III/4, III/5, VI/1-VI/4) and current medical certificate (Required)
- TWIC card (Required)
- Experience with Caterpillar engines, hydraulic, electrical and oil recovery equipment (Required)
- Capable of prolonged, strenuous work onboard vessels at sea
- Effective leadership and written and oral communications skills
- Ability to operate industrial equipment and their systems safely
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- 40-Hour Hazwoper is desired
- Employment is contingent upon:completion of a successful background check,
pre-hire medical exam and drug screen; ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and U.S. Passport
- This position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of all shipboard propulsion, hydraulic, electrical and auxiliary systems.
- Take charge of the Machinery Department, including fuel, ballast, water tanks, piping and fuel and lube oil inventory of the vessel.
- Carry out the Preventative Maintenance program and repairs aboard the vessel, as well as, short-term and long-term Preventative Maintenance plans.
- Communicate needs regarding supplies, spare parts, subcontractor assistance, and regulatory requirements.
- Completion of required records and reports relating to the Machinery Department
Physical Requirements Include, Among Others:
- Requires standing, lifting up to 45lbs
- Requires the ability to wear the personnel protective equipment prescribed by posted signs and written instruction
- Able to work in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, cold, rain or dry environments
- Ability to perform work in various sea conditions, under all environmental conditions, often wet/oily decks
Marine Spill Response Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit www.msrc.org.