Website Lake Tahoe Boat Company
LAKE TAHOE BOAT COMPANY'S SERVICES
Lake Tahoe Boat Company is looking for a reliable and dedicated Marine Mechanic to join our team and our family. We are a Lake Tahoe based, family-owned and operated business established in 2017. We are a MasterCraft, Yamaha Marine, Zodiac and Crest Pontoon dealer. If you have the capacity to work as a team member or alone to achieve expected results and are looking for a job with a view, then we are looking for you!
Responsible for carrying out the daily duties of a Marine Mechanic, including but not limited to: general service and repair of outboard/inboard/IO’s engines; troubleshooting and engine rebuilds; new engine prep and repowers; repairing and installing electronic equipment; rigging and boat building; repairing and overhauling boats, machinery, trailers, etc.; and quality control on service jobs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform related duties assigned or as the situation dictates
• Perform all preventative maintenance (i.e. oil changes, break in services, annual services, lower-end services, cable replacements, etc.)
• Perform custom boat rigging and installs
• Perform repowers on boat packages to include planning and setup, cutting fiberglass, installing gauges and electronics, running wiring and cables, through bolting engine, and on water prop testing
• Diagnose and troubleshoot dealership and customer units and report the extent of damage or malfunction to the service advisor
• Perform repair work (i.e. remove engine; inspect parts for issues; overhaul or replace carburetors, starters, pumps, electrical and fuel systems; rebuild parts such as engine blocks; rewire ignition system, lights, and instrument panels; repair options and accessories such as VHF radios, GPS and radar, stereo system, etc.)
• Complete repair work within the established time frame
• Ensure all warranty work is completed according to manufacturer and dealership guidelines
• Maintain tools in good condition and according to guidelines
• Assist other departments when necessary
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to comprehend and utilize technical service manuals
• Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb, and work safely around water, on a ladder, or in a confined space
• Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Capacity to work as a team member or alone to achieve expected results
Education and Experience:
• Experience with servicing marine outboard engines
• Mechanical certifications a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com