Website City Experiences
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
This position is responsible for performing complex mechanical repair, maintenance, specification and installation of equipment in a shipboard and support facility environment. Hands-on position that will also handle records management. Requires proficiency in operation, maintenance and repair of main propulsion machinery, auxiliary machinery and supporting systems (electrical, plumbing, electronics and HVAC in a commercial marine environment).
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assessing and ensuring vessel readiness: reporting of problems, proactive service, and maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Reports any and all safety hazards and corrects unsafe conditions
- Maintain logs and follow up reports: including engine operating data, run hours, inspections, repairs, etc. (utilizing a computerized maintenance program); asset/equipment lists and consumable supply/parts inventory
- Maintains all work/engineering spaces, company tools, and equipment in a clean and organized manner
- Performs skilled mechanical, electrical and plumbing, maintenance, diagnosis, repair and refitting aboard vessels and shoreside settings.
- Performs general maintenance, including painting and cleaning in machinery spaces
- Responsible for various department systems including: fuel level monitoring, lubrication and coolant, hazardous waste disposal/management, MDS sheets
- Conduct crew training to ensure engineering standards and procedures are followed
- Interface with USCG on inspections, safety and engineering
- Additional job duties assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Four years’ experience operating, maintaining and repairing shipboard machinery and systems; gained through work experience, an accredited apprenticeship/degree program, or combination of both.
- Proficiency with common marine shop equipment and tools including drills, grinders, presses, pullers, pipe threading equipment, saws, and welders
- Clean DMV record and valid CDL (position requires driving between locations)
- TWIC card (or ability to get one upon hire)
- Merchant Mariner Document or ability to get one within 6 months desirable
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Good team player with a sense of urgency
- Physically demanding job requiring ability to stand, reach, bend, stoop and walk up and down stairs and on uneven/moving surfaces
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite, Maintenance Program such as Sinex/Wheelhouse
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.