Website Chugach Government Solutions, LLC
Repair, service, and operate marine engines, vessels, and trailers. Inspect and identify any malfunctions. Able to visit docking stations and perform mechanical operations on the vessels at dock. Able to work on both, land and sea. Requires excellent technical skills and troubleshooting abilities. Conduct repairs of vessel engines and electrical systems using various hand tools. Ability to analyze, research, and fix any mechanical problem on motor, boat, or trailer. Operate vessel from dock to ramp and recover. Launch vessels independently.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Manages, operates, maintains, fuels, inspects and repairs boats, trailers, outboard engines and all associated equipment.
- Works in conjunction with POL and assists in operating recovery systems to avoid environmental pollution. Implements immediate corrective action to control spill sources IAW the SPCC.
- Prepares, maintains and updates all recurring maintenance schedules, records, fuel receipt/disbursement records, safety documentation and maintenance library.
- Organizes and orders parts/supplies as needed ensuring adequate supplies are available.
- Ensures safety is the primary goal in all operations through sound practices focusing on prevention.
- Tests marine engines and electrical systems to ensure they’re working properly.
- Carries out various repair and maintenance tasks as dictated by the needs of the vessel.
- Answers the clients’ questions regarding maintaining their boats.
- Repairs faulty and malfunctioning engine components.
- Completes accurate service records and repair documents.
- Serves as a resource advisor for technical issues regarding boats and marine operations.
- Performs other duties and activities as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of experience in repairing outboard motors, launching vessels, boating operations.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently at the technical level.
- Must be able to read and comprehend technical manuals and generate technical reports.
- Able to use office equipment and be familiar with basic computer usage.
It is CGS, LLC business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chugach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic factors, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this opportunity an application must be submitted through our company career site: https://careers.chugachgov.com/jobs/3648?lang=en-us
To apply for this job please visit careers.chugachgov.com.