Website BAE Systems Inc
Protecting those who protect us
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems. You’ll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters. Build your future at BAE Systems.
As an intern you will participate in our nationwide Internship & Co-Op Program, LEAP, where you will have the opportunity to Learn, Engage, Apply, and Progress within the company. You will also have access to additional benefits such as, networking with BAE Systems employees and other students, participating in exciting real world projects, joining exclusive informational sessions with senior leaders, and expanding mentorship opportunities and career development.
In this position, you will be supporting the Ship Repair (SR) business at our San Diego, CA facility. This position will be onsite at our San Diego facility and will be full time for the remainder of summer, and part time in the fall. Relocation will not be offered, housing is not provided.
BAE Systems San Diego Ship Repair is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern or Co-Op for its 17,500-ton floating steel dry-dock Pride of San Diego (POSD) and 55,000-ton floating steel dry-dock Pride of California (POCA).
- As a Dry Dock Mechanical Engineering Intern, you will: Work under direction of Dockmaster
- Supervise and schedule tasks and work items for other dock mechanics to complete
- Assist with, create and maintain preventative and corrective maintenance files on POSD/POCA
- Operate diesel generators and paralleling switchboards on POSD/POCA
- Inspect, service, and maintain POSD/POCA mooring grippers
- Possess and maintain all appropriate BAE safety and environmental certifications
- Hook up and disconnect dock and ships temporary services in POSD/POCA
- Assist Dockmaster in creating docking and undocking schedules for POSD/POCA
- Attend docking and undocking conferences with Dockmaster
- Assist Dockmaster in preparing ship for dry-docking and undocking
- Work unsupervised on a daily basis trouble shooting and repairing mechanical, piping, and electrical systems
Required Education, Skills, & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Electrical,
- Structural Engineering, or related field
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
Preferred Education, Skills, & Experience:
- Knowledge of safe rigging practices
- Interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, and dock layouts
- General understanding of marine terminology
To apply for this job please visit jobs.brassring.com.