TO RECEIVE THE ENDORSEMENT ON YOUR MMC FOR COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE, THE CERTIFICATE(S) MUST BE PRESENTED TO THE USCG WITHIN ONE YEAR OF THE COURSE COMPLETION DATE.
Upon successful completion of TRLMI’s QMED Fireman/Oiler/Watertender course mariners will demonstrate sufficient knowledge, skill and understanding for operation and maintenance of all engine room machinery. Have the ability to monitor performance of engines and auxiliaries for proper operation within acceptable temperature and pressure ranges and other parameters to ensure machinery is operating within safe, standard industry practices.
Monitoring of evaporators to ensure:
- Proper operation including temperatures, pressure and water levels are maintained
- Correct distribution of evaporator output
- Tending fires by controlling fuel air flow
- Cutting fires in and out
- Maintaining correct water level
- Operating soot blowers
- Controlling feed pump and repairing minor leaks on the boiler front